Cook & Housekeeping
Part time position: Monday – Friday (16 hours)
Salary: £10 per hour
Matinee Multilingual is a video and audio production company delivering multi-lingual communication solutions for over 30 years from our base in Reading. We have two video edit suites and three recording studios which enables us to provide a range of services to many different companies based worldwide.
We’re hiring for a part-time role to make lunches for our office, currently consisting of 17 employees. We have a fully functional kitchen onsite, which has recently been refurbished with all modern appliances and utensils.
The role will consist of 16 hours per week, 3 hours Monday – Thursday and 4 hours on a Friday.
The responsibilities will include:
- Creating a weekly menu, consisting of healthy and filling recipes and making sure there’s a variance over the month.
- Ordering of ingredients from Sainsbury’s via our work account to be delivered on a Monday morning ready for the week ahead.
- Ensure there’s no food waste and the budget is adhered to.
- Lunch is served between 12.30pm and 1.30pm.
- Make lunches so they’re ready for lunch hour and clear down afterwards.
- General cleaning down of work surfaces and sweeping/moping the floor after lunch.
- Extra hour on a Friday to wipe down fridge and anything else that needs cleaning in the kitchen – e.g. wiping out cutlery draw.
Previous experience in the food industry, as well as a Food Hygiene certificate are preferable. The hours for the role will be between 11am – 2pm Monday – Thursday and 11am – 3pm on Friday – a slight variance of hours will be considered if necessary.